skip to main content skip to footer

Get To The Point

windmill silhouette   The story behind The Point. 

During the years of Prohibition, Edmund & Ella Dufresne owned two "blind pigs" where folks
could secretly come and purchase alcoholic beverages. The site where what we now know as
"North Point" served as their secret storage area for alcohol. Ella was good friends with the
local police, so whenever warned about an upcoming raid in either bar in Au Gres or Bay City,
she would transport all of the contraband to Kawkawlin.

north point new restaurant

The North Point Grill & Bar

2495 South Huron Road
Kawkawlin, MI 48631
Tel: 989-778-1544
Get Directions